A trip or a vacation is one of the most exciting things in life. Visiting new places, sampling different cuisines and shopping are the various things that we think of while planning a trip. Along with the travel arrangements like lodging and transportation, there is another aspect that is extremely critical to a trip, this is luggage. Whether you are going on a business trip or leisure holiday luggage forms an important component of your trip. so the question is what is the best luggage for next trip. Each person has a different travel personality and while choosing your luggage, you must take into consideration your specific needs rather than going for one size fits all rule.
- Size and Weight: These are probably the most important factors while choosing for the luggage. Before packing make a rough estimate of the things that you would be carrying. This will help you determine the size of the luggage that will best suit you. No matter how much you decide but we always over pack. It makes sense to carry a larger suitcase or travel bag if you will be carrying too many things and also if you are planning on doing a lot of shopping. Do remember that hard cover suitcases are generally heavier in weight than the zip lock ones we get. If you are travelling by air, you should be aware about the baggage allowance and always pack accordingly or else you will have to pay the excess luggage charges.
- Your destination: Your travel destination and purpose plays an important role in the type of luggage you would buy. If you are on a business trip and constantly on the move it will make sense to buy a sleek hard cover suitcase and a smart carry-on bag. If you are going for holiday or leisure than you would obviously look for a larger luggage.
- Luggage Durability: One of the most important factors to be considered when buying luggage is luggage durability. Whether you buy hard cover or duffel bags, it must be of good quality and last you for at least 5 trips. There is no point in buying fancy luggage which will not serve you any purpose.
- Value for Price: When you buy a luggage you should look for the value that you are getting. Do not go for a bag that claims to have a lot of compartment because you will not be able to use all of them at the same time. Instead go for luggage that offers a good value for money and also comes with a warranty.
- Best Fit: When buying luggage bags especially for hiking and treks, make sure you take into consideration how it fits on your body. Hiking and Trekking are not easy activities and your luggage should not make it cumbersome for you. Buy luggage that can carry the necessary items along with being a good fit for your body and does not injure your back in the process.
- Convenience: Airports or train stations are busy places. Many times it may happen that you do not get the luggage trolley and have to drag your luggage around. In that scenario your bags must be convenient to lug around offering you ease of movement.